ABB Supply Chain Management Graduate Internship opportunity
We often dream to be part of big firms that are globally known thus we pride ourselves when we work with companies whose influence is known in every part of the world. Such is ABB, a global leader and automation technology company founded in 1883; the company’s years of existence are no doubt a reflection of its experience within the IT industry.
The IT Company is offering a supply chain management graduate/internship opportunity to the general public; as an innovative company that is on the forefront of technology, the firm is looking for individuals who can make helpful contributions and successfully assist the company in the future by joining its Global trainee Program in South Africa.
The program was designed for fresh graduates who are looking forward for an international career in the supply chain management industry. The program is an on-hands profession which awards the much needed experience thereby making GTP a perfect launch to your career.
While at ABB, the programme will expose you to various assignments which will give you an insight into some of the following national and global supply chain management areas:
- Compliance management
- Stakeholder management
- Requisition and purchase order processing
- Sourcing execution
- Material scheduling
- Receipt processing
- Supply data management
- Category management
- Supplier management and quality
- Performance management
The programme is specifically structured for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Recent graduate (master of Science or equivalent) with good grades in a relevant discipline
- Not more than 1.5 years of professional work experience (excluding internships) since your master’s (or equivalent)
- Excellent language skills: Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus
- Global mindset, with passion to work in diverse cultures
- Mature, balanced personality with a passion to work in diverse cultures
- Mature, balanced personality with good communication skills
- Team player who is flexible and open to new ideas
- Ambitious personality with a natural curiosity and realistic career/life goals