Umgeni water engineering bursary 2015
Umgeni Water, a state-owned entity involved in water management, is showing its support and commitment by awarding pupils with bursaries to study at registered tertiary education institutions.
The state institution is offering three bursaries to full time second year university students who are pursuing degrees in the below-mentioned programmes which will benefit Umgeni Water. The bursary is only meant for pupils who are willing to study any of the following engineering programmes:
- Civil Engineering x1
- Chemical Engineering x1
- Electrical Engineering x 1
The bursary will cover the student’s tuition fees, prescribed books and stationery, meals and accommodation. Umgeni Water will directly pay tuition and accommodation fees to the University.
How to qualify
The learnership programme is designed for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- South African citizens who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal would be given first preference
- Meet entry requirements for the second year of chosen field (provide proof of academic record)
- Applicants who are already studying must have passed all courses for which they are registered at the university for the study period to date (50% aggregate)
- Applications must be for full time studies only
- Demonstrate potential for academic success
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo a psychometric assessment and interview
- Bursaries will be awarded to designated groups or applicants with a financial need
- Applicant may not receive any other grant for the same qualification without prior written approval
- A service contract equal to the duration of the bursary
The application process is easy and applicants are encouraged to attach the following documents:
- Application and motivation letter
- Proof of univer ID
- Full academic transcripts/results (2014 results)
The closing date for applications is 27 February 2015. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send to Umgeni Water P.O.Box 9 Pietermaritzburg 3200. Umgeni will notify successful candidates via the phone. Applicants who are more interested about this bursary should contact Umgeni on 033 341 1346 or 033 341 1093.